- CerTest PhD Opportunities
Applications are now being accepted for three funded CerTest PhD projects at the University of Bristol.
Further details on each of these exciting PhD projects can also be found on the University of Bristol, Faculty of Engineering website here.
The titles of the PhD projects are:
- Improved design of lightweight composite sandwich structures through integrated high-fidelity modelling and experimental characterisation
- Full-field imaging approaches for assessment of subsurface defects in composite structures
- Effect of laminate architecture on the fatigue life of composite structures subjected to multiaxial loading
Closing date for applications: 1 March 2021
There is an additional PhD project for CerTest also currently being advertised here:
Closing date for applications: 26 February 2021
- CerTest website – new design launch
The CerTest website has undergone a full redesign and the new changes were launched on the 13th of May 2020.
The new and improved site features new areas showcasing the people working on the project, publications, news items and also more information on the exciting research challenges. The four research challenges have their own colour theme and icon to present an identity for each.
The vacancy page has also been updated to reflect current and closed vacancies.
Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome on how we can further improve. Please get in contact via the details on the new contact page.
- Introduction to the CerTest project
The five year project will look to enable more structurally efficient and lightweight airframes that are essential for meeting future fuel and cost efficiency challenges, to maintain and enhance the UK’s international position in the aerospace industry.
CerTest is a multidisciplinary project with £6.9m funding from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research council (EPSRC) programme grant scheme, led by the University of Bristol with partners at the University of Bath, University of Exeter and University of Southampton.